All animals have intrinsic value and are worthy of protection in the eyes of Green Mountain Animal Defenders, another recent beneficiary of the Gay & Lesbian Fund of Vermont.
This volunteer-run organization works all across Vermont to fulfill their mission by:
- Educating the public through outreach efforts, media relations campaigns & other special events
- Incorporating a unique internship program which captures the energy and enthusiasm of students and trains them to become effective animal protection advocates
- Sponsoring spay/neuter programs and offering referrals for re-homing and adoptions
- Managing and activating a grassroots network of animal protection advocates throughout the state to support animal protection legislation and sponsoring the Vermont Animal Cruelty Response System’s toll-free telephone number: 1-877-9 HUMANE
- Providing rescue and transportation services for animals, including wildlife